Saturday, February 1, 2014

Harriet the buffet





My second buffet ever and how I loved her. She was done in my homemade chalk paint in the palest gray. Then I gave her a wash in mms grain sack.  She then got distressed antique waxed and dark waxed and buffed to a smooth sheen. Her drawers were lined with vintage music sheets and her top was also done in music sheets. $225.00
Check out the party at The Flying C! It is her first link party! Go give her some love!  
DIY Done! at The Flying C
Also check out:
Elizabeth and Co.
And don't forget:
I linked up to Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesdays!  What a great link party, go check it out! 

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I have a similar piece that I have yet to redo - You're price for purchase of the finished product is sooooo low! That is how much we pay for the junked piece around my area!! I like they way you painted it first with chalk paint then with mms. I usually do that when I am painting a dark piece to start - because I'm not a fan of the brown showing up through red or green or whatever. That is why I'm not sure about mine - It feels like it is in the primed stage. Thank you for your kind comments on my breakfront! Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks a bunch... it is all so new and so fun... i actually thought 225.00 was high but with the time and attachment i had in her i decided that is what i would have to get to be willing to let her go..we delivered her yesterday...

    ReplyDelete